This morning someone asked if I still felt the same way I did when I wrote the original blog below - and I'm so glad he did (lol - Troy Johnson)!
Overall my feelings have changed very little:
- I am often turned off by the overuse of profanity - especially the F-word - and the many pictures of naked bodies.
- I am still amazed at the way people share pictures of their children and personal information.
- And yes, I continue to be perplexed and somewhat in awe of those people who seem to live in a world where only their opinion counts!
- Most of the food pictures shared nowadays are from the Food Channel and look a lot more appetizing, yet my inner peace continues to be disturbed by the sexually explicit pictures - not because I'm a prude but because my grandchildren are often hovering over my shoulder.
- I continue to be a card carrying member of the Grammer Police and I'm recruiting new members to help bring attention to all of the misspelled words and lack of punctuation.
- I would love to start a movement to buy everyone a dictionary - it would be worth the investment.
On a more serious note - it's never too late for an old dog to learn new tricks and I have learned to love Facebook and Twitter. I have learned that I don't have to comment on everything that crosses my path, and to be happy and that I can use both of these forums to share my agenda with others in a very positive way. For example, the BC (book club) Presidents page that I started on FB has allowed me to share and expand my knowledge of book clubs and to make many new friends.
So please - check out this site to see what I'm doing and what I'm reading, as I continue to push forward my agenda as an advocate for African American authors and literacy! The struggle is real!